It’s time to RISE. Time to deliver on your player’s dreams of collegiate soccer and meet the challenge.
It’s time to attend RISE: The Commonwealth Showcase. Powered by Nike and The Commonwealth Soccer Club in Lexington, Kentucky on December 2-4, 2016, this turf-based early season event will offer a first class regional college showcase to a limited number teams for only $575. Well attended by colleges and weather-ready, this event holds the promise of a great season start and the possibility of achieving a kid’s dream.
Previous attending clubs include: St. Louis Scott Gallagher, Kings Hammer, FC Pride, Michigan Jaguars, Lou Fusz, Bluegrass Soccer Club, Classics Eagles, Oldham Soccer Club, Derby City, Hoosier FC, FOSC, Lexington Futbol Club, NKSA, JYSA Storm, ZYSA, and Columbia Gol Star.
Where: Lexington, Kentucky. All games will be played on turf fields.
Headquarters-Henry Clay High School
2100 Fontaine Rd
Lexington, KY 40502 MAP
Bryan Station High School
201 Eastin Road
Lexington, KY 40505 MAP
Lafayette High School
401 Reed Ln
Lexington, KY 40503 MAP
Tates Creek High School
1111 Centre Pkwy
Lexington, KY 40517 MAP
Dunbar High School
1600 Man O’War Boulevard
Lexington, KY 40513 MAP
Hotels: Please note that all teams in need of hotel accommodations are required to stay in an approved hotel. Contact Ellen Simon at email@example.com to book your stay.
Team Selection: Teams are accepted based on record in league play and tournaments. In an effort to make RISE the most beneficial to teams, CSC reserves the right to refuse acceptance based on field availability.
Application: Applications must be filled out online.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2016
Fees: $575 per U14-U19 Team
Payments can be submitted via check to:
Commonwealth Soccer Club
P.O. Box 23253
Lexington, KY 40523-3253
- U14-U19 teams will play 11v11 — Roster max size of 22.
- Three (3) guest players can be eligible.
- Eligibility: All teams must be in good standing in state associations.
- USYSA and US Club teams are eligible.
- Participation: All teams are guaranteed 4 games.
- Game Length: All games on Friday and Saturday are 44 minutes long. The game will be split in 22-minute halves with a 1-minute changeover for the half.
The premise is to allow players maximum exposure to college coaches. The coaches are able to see more players in this format as compared to a traditional format.
The players will remain fresh for all games, and given the time of year it will limit their exposure to cold temperatures. On Sunday, each team will play one regulation match.
- Tournament Rules (PDF)
Tournament Check-In and Forms
Team check-in must be complete by November 28, 2016. Please upload the forms using GotSoccer.
Required Check-In Materials:
- Copy of Roster (validated by your state)
- Guest player Form (only if a team has any guest players attending)
- Copy of Front of Players/Coaches Cards – back of cards will only be required if state seal appears on the reverse of the card.
- Permit to Travel
- Liability Form – Must be signed by every parent on the team.
- Sanctioning Form (PDF)
- Team Liability Form
- Permission to Travel Form: Please visit your state association’s website for your travel form.
- Guest Player Form: Please use your state association’s form.
It’s time to RISE.
Commonwealth Soccer Club thanks you for your interest in Rise: The Commonwealth Showcase powered by Nike.