Hard Court. Real Futsal. Game On!
Join the largest futsal league in Lexington: 45 teams from clubs and recreational leagues from across central Kentucky participated last winter.
- For age groups U8 through U19
- Two 6-week sessions
- Session One: Nov. 4, 11, 18, Dec. 2, 9, 16
- Session Two: Jan. 13, 20, 27, Feb. 3, 10, 17, 24
- 5-a-side matches; Maximum roster size of 10 players
- 40 minute matches (Two 20-minute halves with a 3-minute halftime)
- 6 teams per division, play each team once then a final day of 1st v 2nd, 3rd v 4th, 5th v 6th
- Awards given to the top team in each division
- Schedules out prior to the first week of play
Registration Fee: $425.00 per session
Registration Deadline (payment must be postmarked by these dates):
- Session One: October 27
- Session Two: December 30
- Both Sessions: Half of the payment is due on first deadline (October 27) and second half on second deadline (Dec. 30).
All games at Lexington Ice Center – from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
What is futsal?
Futsal is a 5 v 5 small-sided indoor soccer game played on a hard-surfaced, basketball-sized court with a smaller, heavier low bounce ball. It is played with touchline boundaries and without walls.
This is the game that outdoor soccer players around the globe play to refine and maintain their control skills and touch. It is superior to walled soccer in terms of developing better skills and technique. In traditional American walled soccer, players regularly whack the ball (and sometimes their bodies) against the boards which promotes improper technique and too often rewards errant play. In futsal, players are constantly reminded to play the same quality control game that is required for success in the outdoor game.
It is the greatest tool for increasing the skills and attacking abilities of any players. It offers a fun, yet competitive atmosphere to develop your team’s skills. You cannot match the soccer benefits of futsal as a developmental tool to ordinary indoor soccer.
Each player has more touches on the ball and learns to control the ball close to their body. Players must also use their skill and imagination to keep possession, no walls here!
The number of shots per player is 7 times more than that of indoor soccer.
Who says futsal is better?
FIFA says futsal is better. And the Brazilians are among the many nations that swear by it. Pele, Ronaldo and Bebeto all credit it for much of their skill and technique development. All the major heads of US Soccer and FIFA declared that this is the way to go. Once you experience futsal, you will see the reasons.
Futsal is the only indoor game sanctioned by FIFA. If skills development is important, futsal is recognized as clearly the best form of indoor soccer. But that’s not the only reason.
- Better Skills Development – Futsal promotes quality touches
- Safer – Futsal eliminates the injuries associated with wall collisions
- Less Expensive – Futsal makes quality soccer more affordable
Have you registered your futsal team?
Please send your check to:
P.O. Box 23253
Lexington, KY 40523-3253
Registration payment deadlines (payment must be received by these dates):
– Session One Only: October 27
– Session Two Only: December 30
– Both Sessions: Half of the payment is due on first deadline (October 27) and second half on second deadline (Dec. 30).
Must be signed by every parent/guardian of a player on your roster. Turn in the form before playing your first game.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com